Chapter 9-3: One With The Darkness

Re: Chapter 9-3: One With The Darkness

Postby Vuanaunt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Mr.me wrote:Yay, Ian isn't dead'

Oh, oops. I could could have confirmed that sooner if I knew it were an issue. :oops:

I'm a fan of both, and I'm just a little concerned about the schedule of the Wotch. It's a little slow, but on the other hand, I'm sure anyone who's reading it has the patience. :P
Let me think about the people I care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them.
Let me extend that generosity to myself.
Vuanaunt

Postby Mr.me » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:05 am

Well, to be honest I thought Ian would complete the comic of the Wotch and then leave it so Anne could start a new story. I probably missed some announcements, but Ian appears to be doing the next Wotch story and City of Reality (when he thinks its ready). I like the Wotch and I miss the times when it was updated three times a week but I know that is not going to happen again. I am pretty sure the glory days of the Wotch are over and its ok, I'm not bad mouthing Anne, I just think that she has come to accept that she doesn't want to do the Wotch comic any more (if I am wrong let me know, I am still a Wotch fan). It isn't fare for Ian to do both the Wotch and his own comic. He puts a lot of effort into his comic, the dark story lines and the many different pictures in each update, can he handle doing the art work for one and both the art work and the story for another?

I know its up to him at the end of the day and I don't care how long it takes between each update (everyone needs a day off to unwind and relax and not do anything that feels like work). But, it is a lot of work and I'm not sure if its ok to ask that of him or anyone for that matter.
Mr.me

Postby Vuanaunt » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

Mr.me wrote:... I just think that she has come to accept that she doesn't want to do the Wotch comic any more... It isn't fair for Ian to do both the Wotch and his own comic....

Eh, I'm against putting words in other people's mouths, but If I had to guess I would say that Anne's reasons aren't so simple, and Ian probably enjoys being the artist for the Wotch.
Let me think about the people I care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me, I still love, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them.
Vuanaunt

Postby Mr.me » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:22 am

I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth, I'm just saying what I think .Ian is doing a lot of work and some times fans can make you feel obliged to something you don't want to do. If he is enjoying it, that is cool, if he feels like he has to do it so he doesn't let people down, then I don't believe that is ok.

As for Anne, I don't know what the story is there, from what I read I got the idea that she just didn't want to do it any more. As long as no one is feeling pressured to do the comics when they would rather do something else with their time, then I am happy. :)
Mr.me

Postby lambinvoker » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 pm

From what I've gathered, Ian isn't working on the Wotch alone. Anne is still writing the script while Ian does the line work and Robin colors everything in. The only thing that has really changed about the Wotch in its return is that the time scheduled has been relaxed out of necessity and Ian was brought on board as the new main line artist.
lambinvoker

Postby Raptor2213 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Noooooooooooo! You killed off all the catgirls! :'(

Also, I really saw the art resemblance with the survivors and General Tigerclaw.
Raptor2213

Postby Ian S » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 am

UBER LATE REPLY WHY DOES TIME MOVE SO FAST

Welcome, Raptor! And yeah, the catgirls at least live on, kinda, whenever I draw other catpeople, just cause I super love the Survivor's design, and that'll probably be my de facto cat-person design for awhile.

And for everyone else still around, just wanted to say, sorry for the delays in continuing Reality. The usual reasons apply - still working on improving my art, still working on getting a job, still doing blah de bloo dee bloo. Also, there's a storyline upcoming that I have to get right, and it's got me at a bit of a block, and it's important enough to devote some prep time for. Other than that, the story is ready, I'm just not!
Ian S

Postby jasae bushae » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 pm

can we get a teaser about whats to come? :3 does somebody turn out to be a magical girl? do giant robot fights totally happen? will a pumpkin or a potato totally make an appearance in the future arcs?!
the public wants to know!
I do not have much skill and I possess very little talent but regardless I still proudly declare myself a writer.

Manumitor is Awesome! http://iancsamson.tumblr.com/post/49587733829/your-gallery-has-alot-of-stories-and-such-where
jasae bushae

Postby Vuanaunt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:58 pm

jasae bushae wrote:can we get a teaser about whats to come? :3 does somebody turn out to be a magical girl? do giant robot fights totally happen? will a pumpkin or a potato totally make an appearance in the future arcs?!
the public wants to know!

I'm just going to take a stab at what happens, count it as teaser.

Yes, there will be magical girl; Hawk.
No, Giant robots have peacefully settled their differences and no longer resort to violence to settle internal affairs. They do however invade the City of Reality.
Yes, and no. There are a potato and pumpkin two chapters from now, but it turns out it's just that Todo and AV ran into the witch again.
Vuanaunt

Postby jasae bushae » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

wow! @_@
so many questions answered! XD

the next chapter should be intetresting XD
I do not have much skill and I possess very little talent but regardless I still proudly declare myself a writer.

Manumitor is Awesome! http://iancsamson.tumblr.com/post/49587733829/your-gallery-has-alot-of-stories-and-such-where
jasae bushae

PreviousNext

Return to Chapter 9: Old Enemies